A year ago today, I'd never have imagined how much my life was going to change. I was living with my boyfriend who I thought would one day marry me. Instead we broke up. After 7 years together, 3 of which we lived together, we decided it was best to part ways. I was completely heartbroken although I knew it was for the best. Over the past year, I've toyed with online dating on and off and met some interesting characters but no one I wanted to be in a relationship with. Some days I do miss my ex, not so much the life we had together but more the picture of the life I had wanted us to have together.
So in honor of my being single for a year now, I've created a list of the top 10 reasons why I wont date any of the people I've met so far.
10. You cant hold a conversation- If i ask you a question like how was your day or what do you do for fun etc, when you answer it you are suppose to ask me back to keep the conversation going.
9. You have bad hygiene - seriously take a shower and brush your teeth once in a while
8. You don't have a car. If you cant come see me its not going to work, especially if you live far away.
7. You don't have a job - Yes this is very important. I want to be married and have kids I need to know that you can support us.
6. You already have a girlfriend or a wife! UM hello guys if you are willing to cheat on them with me then how could i trust you to not cheat on me??
5. You have a super tiny penis or are bad in bed- yes it really does matter, I have a high sex drive and need a healthy sex life.
4. You met me once and used the phrase " I want to impregnate you" ummm creepy much!
3. You met me once and are now obsessed with wanting to marry me - um no, you don't even know me!
2. You are a pervert, you kissed my neck on the first date, your more sex obsessed then interested in a relationship etc
1. The number one reason why I wont date you - After being hurt numerous times I have trust issues and the walls I built around my heart are now so thick that unless you have a jack hammer no ones getting in.
The top 10 things I need in a relationship
1. You must want marriage and kids
2. You must have a job and a car
3. be honest
10. good in bed.
What have I learned this year? That I don't need a boyfriend. I have never been happier then I am right now. I have great friends, I have a job I LOVE, I'm taking classes to hopefully have my own business one day and life is good! I'm looking forward to seeing what this next year brings!